Purchase a PDR subscription or Become an AABC Member (Birth Center member or Institutional Member) to receive the PDR as a membership benefit.
- Contact the AABC office at (215) 234-8068 or PDR@birthcenters.org to let us know you want to begin using the AABC PDR.
- Tell us:
- Name of your birth center or practice
- Contact information – address & phone number
- Name of the person who will serve as the PDR Coordinator
- E-mail and phone number for PDR Coordinator
- E-mail address for your PDR user account
- You will receive an e-mail that includes a Business Associates Agreement, PDR Instruction Manual, and PDR Quick Start Guide.
- You will receive a separate e-mail that includes a link allowing you to access the PDR server.
- Use the link in your invitation e-mail to log-in using the user name and password supplied in the e-mail
- Change your password if desired (see PDR Instruction Manual)
- Sign Business Associate Agreement and return to the AABC office by e-mail, fax or mail.
- Read the PDR Quick Start Guide
- Complete your Practice Profile. This must be done before you will be able to access the PDR for entering patient data.
- You are now ready to begin contributing data to this important midwifery data registry and collecting and using your own practice data.
Larger Sample Size and More Power!
"It appears that birth centers are doing the same great job of providing excellent maternity care that they were in the 1980’s – only now we can document it with a much larger sample size and even more power!"