1. CALL your U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative at their D.C. offices and in their local district offices.
2. Keep trying if you don't get through. We must make our voices heard.
3. Speak with your legislator's legislative health assistant. Be sure to get his/her name. This is critical information for Karen (our lobbyist) to follow-up with the staff. Please note that we have found that emails and messages left with receptionists are not effective.
4. Tell them why the legislation is important to you as a provider and/or consumer.
5. Call or email AABC's lobbyist, Karen Fennell, and tell her to whom you spoke and any comments or additional information requested. Contact Karen by phone at 301-830-3910, or send an email to email@example.com.
"In looking for an alternative to the high technological obstetric deliveries, most women desire to have an empowering birth experience which is gentle and loving, as well as safe for their baby."
-Barbara Harper, RN