Listen to Susan Stone, president and dean of Frontier Nursing University, discuss the benefits of being an institutional member of the American Association of Birth Centers.
For education programs, institutions, professional practices, corporations, and/or consulting firms that support the birth center concept. In addition to the benefits listed under Benefits of Membership, Education Program/Institutional members receive a subscription to the AABC Uniform Data Set, Birth Center Information Packet, and a sample Policies and Procedures Manual (on request).
Annual dues: $745
If you are a member, please log in. If not, create one here.
We'd like to thank our current Institutional Members for supporting the birth center concept. Thanks to:
- American College of Nurse-Midwives is the professional association that represents certified nurse-midwives and certified midwives in the United States. With roots dating to 1929, ACNM is the oldest women's health care organization in the United States.
- Contemporary Insurance Services Contemporary Insurance Services is an independent insurance agency with thirty years of service to the medical community. The agency is owned by an Attorney, well-versed in the contracts and coverages offered by medical malpractice insurance companies serving the medical community. We are licensed to sell insurance in every state. Contemporary Insurance Services serves the medical professional liability insurance needs of over 4,000 physicians and health care providers through many quality insurers nationwide.
- Frontier Nursing University is a private, non-profit, non-residential community-based, distance education graduate school offering a Master of Science in Nursing degree, a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, and post-master's certificates in advanced practice specialties. Their mission focuses on preparing graduates to provide primary care for women and families in all areas.
- Georgetown University Midwifery Education Program is designed to prepare the graduate to manage a women's normal obestetrical and gynecological needs during childbearing years, to manage the care of the normal newborn, and to provide primary care to women throughout the lifespan.
- Larsen Billing Service supports midwifery and the Midwives Model of Care by helping to achieve financial sustainability, providing a greater peace of mind and the freedom to focus on families.
- Mountain Meadow Herbs®, Inc.(MMH) specializes in the manufacture and distribution of the highest quality liquid herbal extracts, bulk teas, and many other health-promoting products. Our cheery, state-licensed facility is located in beautiful Kalispell, Montana, the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Our research and development team works to create new combinations of herbal formulas to meet the needs of our customers. We have several Herbal Care Specialists who are available to assist customers with any questions or to help them place an order.
The Midwifery Institute of Philadelphia University offers an innovative midwifery model of distance learning. While many interactions are virtual, they take great pride in how students, faculty and alumni form close connections and create a network of support and encouragement. Two on-campus intensives offer rich simulation for a variety of midwifery clinical scenarios, face-to-face workshops, and skills practice on our Ronson Advanced Medical Simulation lab. Two and three year progressions are available and prepare students to provide the full scope of midwifery and women’s health care. We've been helping nurses become midwives for over a decade and look forward to educating midwives from nursing and a variety of disciplines in the future.
- UCSF Nurse-Midwifery Education Program has graduated hundreds of nurse midwives while the midwifery faculty practice has attended births for more than 15,000 women. The program is dedicated to increasing service to vulnerable and underserved women and families and adheres to the philosophy of ACNM.
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing offers a number of resources and experiences not found at most other schools including a state-of-the-art simulation lab with mannequins responding as patients would, classrooms with the latest hospital-based EMR technology, and clinical experiences in The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the Hosptial of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing has a long-standing reputation for excellence in nursing teaching, practice and research. As one of the first five schools to receive Rockefeller funding to implement the Goldmark Report of 1923, the School of Nursing was a leader in drastically altering the nature of nursing education and moving it into institutions of higher learning.\
- University of New Mexico Nurse-Midwifery Education educates graduates to serve the needs of rural and under served populations. To meet this mission, students must expect to be placed outside of the Albuquerque metropolitan area for 2/3 of the clinical rotations. Graduates will be eligible for national nurse midwifery certification and licensure in New Mexico and all other U.S. states after successful completion of the American Midwifery Certification Board’s certification exam.
Members are talking
“As an educational institution, we really would like to see our students be perceptive and have experience at birth centers. We have found [our membership] to be an invaluable asset to us.”
-Susan Stone, Dean of Frontier Nursing University