Listen to Susan Stone, president and dean of Frontier Nursing University, discuss the benefits of being an institutional member of the American Association of Birth Centers.
For education programs, institutions, professional practices, corporations, and/or consulting firms that support the birth center concept. In addition to the benefits listed under Benefits of Membership, Education Program/Institutional members receive a subscription to the AABC Uniform Data Set, Birth Center Information Packet, and a sample Policies and Procedures Manual (on request).
Annual dues: $745
If you are a member, please log in. If not, create one here.
We'd like to thank our current Institutional Members for supporting the birth center concept. Thanks to:
- American College of Nurse-Midwives is the professional association that represents certified nurse-midwives and certified midwives in the United States. With roots dating to 1929, ACNM is the oldest women's health care organization in the United States.
- Contemporary Insurance Services Contemporary Insurance Services is an independent insurance agency with thirty years of service to the medical community. The agency is owned by an Attorney, well-versed in the contracts and coverages offered by medical malpractice insurance companies serving the medical community. We are licensed to sell insurance in every state. Contemporary Insurance Services serves the medical professional liability insurance needs of over 4,000 physicians and health care providers through many quality insurers nationwide.
- Frontier Nursing University is a private, non-profit, non-residential community-based, distance education graduate school offering a Master of Science in Nursing degree, a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, and post-master's certificates in advanced practice specialties. Their mission focuses on preparing graduates to provide primary care for women and families in all areas.
- Georgetown University Midwifery Education Program is designed to prepare the graduate to manage a women's normal obestetrical and gynecological needs during childbearing years, to manage the care of the normal newborn, and to provide primary care to women throughout the lifespan.
- Knit-Rite, Inc. is a leading designer, marketer, and manufacturer of innovative textiles for medical and consumer markets. For more than 85 years we have manufactured medical textile solutions that promote mobility, protection, and comfort. We remain committed to the continued research and development and manufacturing products with healthy benefits for a better quality of life.
- Larsen Billing Service supports midwifery and the Midwives Model of Care by helping to achieve financial sustainability, providing a greater peace of mind and the freedom to focus on families.
- Mountain Meadow Herbs®, Inc.(MMH) specializes in the manufacture and distribution of the highest quality liquid herbal extracts, bulk teas, and many other health-promoting products. Our cheery, state-licensed facility is located in beautiful Kalispell, Montana, the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Our research and development team works to create new combinations of herbal formulas to meet the needs of our customers. We have several Herbal Care Specialists who are available to assist customers with any questions or to help them place an order.
- The Midwifery Institute of Philadelphia University offers an innovative midwifery model of distance learning. While many of their interactions are virtual, they take great pride in how their students, faculty and alumni form close connections and create a network of support and encouragement.
- The Sanchez Law Firm is a small firm staffed by highly experienced attorneys who provide legal services in the following areas: communications law, including representation of radio and TV stations before the Federal Communications Commission, entertainment law, intellectual property law, and health law, including representation of health care professionals and facilities, as well as various national and state organizations of health professionals and facilities.
- UCSF Nurse-Midwifery Education Program has graduated hundreds of nurse midwives while the midwifery faculty practice has attended births for more than 15,000 women. The program is dedicated to increasing service to vulnerable and underserved women and families and adheres to the philosophy of ACNM.
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing offers a number of resources and experiences not found at most other schools including a state-of-the-art simulation lab with mannequins responding as patients would, classrooms with the latest hospital-based EMR technology, and clinical experiences in The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the Hosptial of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing has a long-standing reputation for excellence in nursing teaching, practice and research. As one of the first five schools to receive Rockefeller funding to implement the Goldmark Report of 1923, the School of Nursing was a leader in drastically altering the nature of nursing education and moving it into institutions of higher learning.
Members are talking
“As an educational institution, we really would like to see our students be perceptive and have experience at birth centers. We have found [our membership] to be an invaluable asset to us.”
-Susan Stone, Dean of Frontier Nursing University