How to Get Started
- Purchase a PDR subscription or become an AABC Member to buy the PDR at a discounted rate. (Birth Center member, Developing member or Institutional member will receive the PDR as a membership benefit for free.)
- Contact the AABC office at PDR@birthcenters.org to let us know you want to begin using the AABC PDR. Tell us:
- Name of your birth center or practice
- Contact information – address & phone number
- Name of the person who will serve as the PDR Coordinator
- E-mail and phone number for PDR Coordinator
- E-mail address for your PDR user account
- You will receive an e-mail that includes a Business Associate Agreement, PDR Instruction Manual, and PDR Quick Start Guide.
- You will receive a separate e-mail that includes a link allowing you to access the PDR server.
- Use the link in your invitation e-mail to log-in using the user name and password supplied in the e-mail
- Change your password if desired (see PDR Instruction Manual)
- Sign Business Associate Agreement and return to the AABC office by e-mail, fax or mail.
- Read the PDR Quick Start Guide
- Complete your Practice Profile. This must be done before you will be able to access the PDR for entering patient data.
- You are now ready to begin contributing data to this important midwifery data registry and collecting and using your own practice data.