California - CNM, Full Time
Circle City Midwifery & Women's Health Services (Corona, CA)
This unique full-time position focuses on the development of a joint community and hospital based midwifery led service. The position includes office hours, hospitalist hours, first assisting, and a shared call schedule with sufficient time off and time during appointments to provide comprehensive patient care. Support is provided by office staff during clinic days, Birth assistants for labor and birth at the birth center or in home-birth setting, as well as Nursing staff for deliveries in the hospital setting.
Qualifications should include:
AMCB certified Nurse-midwife WITH active California RN License, NMW certification along with current ACLS, BLS, and NRP certifications. CA NMW furnishing license and DEA required but can be obtained during orientation. Proof of complete COVID vaccination series (2 primary vaccinations and boosters) is required for hospital privileges. Prefer minimum 2 years experience but will consider new grads based on CV and previous experience, out of hospital experience preferred. Malpractice insurance and comprehensive benefits package including Health & Dental Ins., 401K, and PTO included in compensation package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- In collaboration with an Ob-Gyn Physician, manages the care of women during labor and delivery.
- Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and psycho-social history of the present pregnancy.
- Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health status.
- Performs complete physical examinations including the pap smear, breast examination, abdominal examination, pelvic examination and clinical pelvimetry.
- Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant observations in the patient's electronic chart.
- Determines pregnancy status during gestation, presentation and position of fetus and fetal heart rate.
- Determines whether all findings are within normal limits.
- Orders appropriate laboratory examinations such as chest X-ray, ultrasound, CBC, urinalysis, blood type and Rh factor, serology tests.
- Consults with and collaborate plan of care with consulting obstetrician for any special care or diagnostic procedure and refers to other services as necessary.
- Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal conditions, obtains consultation and assistance from physicians as needed.
- Teaches, counsels and guides individual members regarding their individual health care.
- Determines the need for social services, genetics or mental health services and refers as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status throughout pregnancy and assess appropriateness for care and delivery in the OOH setting.
- Provides health supervision, care and family planning advice to women during antepartum and postpartum periods.
- Evaluates fetal status by performing such procedures as abdominal palpation and ultrasound examinations to estimate fetal weight, presentation and position, approximate station and fetal heart rate.
- Able to perform internal and external fetal monitoring and interpretation.
- Consults with obstetrician regarding questionable findings.
- Determines member's degree of labor and whether member is to be admitted to for labor and delivery.
- Independently conducts normal spontaneous vaginal deliveries.
- First assists at Cesarean Sections and gynecological surgeries.
- Performs immediate care of the newborn.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Graduate of a nurse midwifery program accredited by the A.C.N.M. BS or BSN or BA required, MS Degree required in 2010.
- Current unencombered Californi
a RN License.
- Current unencombered
California Nurse Midwife Certificate.
- Current NRP, BLS, ACLS Provider Card Required.
- Effective April 20, 2010 Maintains national certification from the American Midwifery Certification Board (ACMB) National Provider Number (NPI) and be an approved Medicare provider.
- If the director elects to hire a new grad CNM, the California Furnishing Number and, if applicable, DEA Registration Number must be obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- Obgyn experience Preferred
- Complete COVID-19 Vaccination series and boosters required for hospital privileges
- Two-three (2-3) years recent experience as a CNM with OBGYN experience preferred.
- Office ultrasound proficiency preferred
- OOH Birth experience preferred