Pennsylvania - CNM Staff (Full or Part Time) or Director (Full Time)
Lebanon Valley Midwifery and Women’s Wellness and the Lebanon Valley Birth Center, an 18-year-old growing autonomous midwifery practice and accredited birth center, is seeking a Certified Nurse-Midwife.
We provide full-scope midwifery care to our population, about 75% of whom are from the Plain community (Amish, Mennonite, others.) and a diverse group of additional families. Nearly all are committed to physiologic out-of-hospital birth and to a model of self-determination and shared decision making in their health care. Nearly 100% breastfeed. We have a low cesarean rate. You will also have the opportunity to care for some unique health conditions.
We attended about 170 births in 2022. About 10 percent were homebirths with the rest in our licensed CABC (Commission on Accreditation of Birth Centers) accredited birth center or our collaborative hospital (where we have privileges providing continuity of care), which is part of WellSpan Health. We offer water birth and a have a special service to those who wish to have a VBAC.
We collaborate with many providers in our region beginning with our Medical Director and OB/CNM practice. A local MFM service performs ultrasounds at our office. The world-renowned Clinic for Special Children provides consultation and comprehensive care to our children and adults with genetic and other complex medical disorders.
About the Opportunity
- Full-time or part-time position
- Full scope midwifery and newborn care
- Prefer experience, but will consider new graduates
- We are interested in a knowledgeable, energetic, warm, self-motivated CNM who will work well with our families and the team, will function autonomously and who has excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail. We desire a CNM who is committed to physiologic birth.
- You'll attend births mostly at our birth center and at home as well as WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital.
- You'll be joining three other CNMs who work in the office and take call, as well as our nurses, lactation consultant, and administration team. There is also the possibility of being part of our management team.
- Competitive salary benefits package including health insurance, professional liability, worker's compensation, retirement matching, continuing education, personal time off, mileage reimbursement, and relocation assistance.
- Life-work balance is best obtained if you live within about 20 minutes of the birth center, thereby taking call from your home and the local area.
- This area includes affordable housing options in rural, town, or city settings with many school choices.
- For part-time CNMs who live further, free accommodations are available during call hours.
- We serve Lebanon, western Berks, northern Lancaster, and southern Schuylkill counties. We are close to Lancaster, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Lebanon, and Reading (and two-three hours from New York City and Washington, D.C.).
Check us out of Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lvmidwives
- Current C.N.M. license in PA or eligible
- BLS, NRP
- Must attain hospital privileges
- Prefer experience in full scope midwifery care
- Prefer familiarity and comfort with out of hospital birth
- Prefer experience/knowledge of holistic health
- Computers: Microsoft Office (Macintosh), hospital uses Epic
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com. Any questions can be sent to that email as well.