Texas - Certified Nurse Midwife
Holy Family Services, Inc.- Weslaco, TX
Holy Family Services, Inc. is seeking two staff midwives who are passionate about women’s healthcare and deeply committed to supporting physiological birth. We are a free-standing, non-profit women’s health clinic and birth center located in the Rio Grande Valley in the beautiful city of Weslaco, Texas. Although we are looking for experienced midwives we encourage newly certified midwives who are confident in their skills and prepared to practice independently to apply as well.
This is a competitive salaried position with PTO and includes housing/utilities. The full-time midwife position includes one to two, 24-hour call shifts per week; one of those days will include clinic work. The position will also rotate weekend coverage with the other midwives in our practice.
- Licensed (APRN) to practice midwifery in Texas
- NRP, BLS/CPR Certified
- Committed to following the midwifery model of care supporting out-of-hospital birth
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, not required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pregnancy care including: prenatal, antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum
- Provide well woman care and routine preventative care including: screenings, annual
exams, contraceptive initiation and management, and risk assessments
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings, CNM meetings and chart reviews
- Participate in two clinical drills per year
- Provide care in line with the birth center model of low-intervention, physiologic birth that
is evidence-based, compassionate, and client-focused
- Appropriately assess client’s eligibility for birth center care
- Work respectfully as part of our team of CNMs, RNs, birth assistants, office staff and
- On-site community living (utilities included)
- Out of hospital birth experience
- NHSC Scholarship/loan repayment
- Nurse Corps eligible site
How to Apply:
Please send your resume or CV to: email@example.com.
The mission of Holy Family Services is to provide maternal and infant care in the context of the family. Services are rendered in an environment of compassion and love based on the belief that every individual has the right to safe, satisfying health care with respect for human dignity and cultural variations. The individual has the right to self-determination, to adequate knowledge, and to participate in all aspects of their own care.
Learn more about us at: www.holyfamilybirthcenter.com.